ETD Fast Facts
Submitting your ETD is a quick and simple process. After your thesis supervisor has approved your thesis, follow the instructions below for submitting your ETD documents to Scholarship@Western.
Submitting your Thesis
Step 1 - Create/Log in to your Scholarship@Western Account
Step 2 - Click 'Submit Research' within the Scholarship@Western ETD repository
Step 3 - Enter Thesis Metadata
Step 4 - Upload your Thesis
- The descriptive information on this Scholarship@Western page enables users to retrieve your thesis using search engines. By filling out these fields in the form, you are creating a metadata record for your thesis. The more thorough you are, the more 'findable' your submission will be, so please take the time to fill in as many fields as you can about each item.
Step 5 - Upload Additional Files (if applicable)
- There are two methods of entering the name of the file you wish to upload:
- Upload file from your computer
Select "Choose File". A window showing your files will appear. You can navigate through your directories and folders until you find the correct file to upload. Double-click on the file name you wish to upload, and the name will be entered into the input box.
- Import file from remote site
Type the full web address and file name into the input box
Reference: Regulation 184.108.40.206
Step 6 - Submit
- If you have additional content to add to the main body of your work, select the option "Additional Files". This selection will prompt Scholarship@Western to request your supplementary content once you select the submit button.
- Once your information is complete and your thesis is ready select 'submit' to submit your information and document into the Scholarship@Western repository.
- You will receive an e-mail from the repository confirming receipt of your work.
- If you had submitted a .rtf or .doc file as the main body of work, this e-mail will also confirm the conversion of that document to .pdf and give you the opportunity to review the converted .pdf document.
- Please ensure the .pdf is a complete representation of your work.
- SGPS will review your submission; confirming the required documentation has been received and that your submission is prepared for examination.