Civil and Environmental EngineeringMaster of Engineering (MEng)
Program ContactEmily Moyer (email@example.com)
Civil and Environmental EngineeringWestern University
Spencer Engineering Building Rm 3118
London, Ontario N6A 3K7
A Master of Engineering (MEng) degree is a professional coursework based degree offered at Western University and is offered to students who have a bachelor's engineering degree or an equivalent degree from an accredited university. The MEng program offers a course-based degree that may be a combination of course work and a project OR complete course work.
- 3 terms (Full-time study)
- Full-time study or part-time study
- Course-based or project-based
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fee schedules (per term) are posted on the Office of the Registrar's website at http://www.registrar.uwo.ca/student_finances/fees_refunds/fee_schedules.html
- Admission average is the North American B- (70%).
- Applicant should have a Bachelors degree in Engineering, or similar program.
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The minimum acceptable score is 86, with no individual score below 20 for the internet based version; 213 for the standard electronic version; or 550 for the paper and pencil version, although some programs require a higher minimum score. [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS Academic). The minimum acceptable score is 6.5 out of 9, with no minimum score below 6.0. The IELTS is offered in 6 test centres in the US and 3 in Canada. <;i>The Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL Assessment). The minimum acceptable score is 60. The CAEL Assessment is offered in several countries throughout the world as well as Canada.
- Western English Language Centre Western's English Language Centre allows academically eligible students interested in pursuing a graduate degree at Western the opportunity to receive a conditional offer of admission to graduate studies without successful completion of an English language proficiency test. The condition is that the student must, in lieu of such a test, successfully complete Western English Language Centre's program. For more information, please visit http://englishlanguage.uwo.ca/.
- Fanshawe College’s ESL Program. The requirement is graduation from Level 10, English for Academic Purposes, with a minimum 80% in all components.
- July 1 - Fall Term
- November 1 - Winter Term
- March 1 - Summer Term
- March 1 - Fall Term
- July 1 - Winter Term
- November 1 - Summer Term
Fields of Research
- Environmental and Water Resources Engineering
- Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Smart Cities
- Structural and Infrastructure Engineering
- Wind Engineering and Environmental Fluid Mechanics