Environment and SustainabilityMaster of Environment and Sustainability (MES)
Program ContactHolly Sanderson (email@example.com)
Centre for Environment & SustainabilityWestern University
Western Science Centre Rm 109
London, Ontario N6A 5B7
t. 519-661-2111 ext. 82570
The Master’s in Environment and Sustainability program is an accelerated, interdisciplinary course-based Master’s degree program with a co-operative work placement term, completed in one full year of study. Students in the program begin study in September and complete their degree the following August.
- 3 Terms
- Full-time study
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the following scholarships (if eligible):
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fee schedules (per term) are posted on the Office of the Registrar's website at http://www.registrar.uwo.ca/student_finances/fees_refunds/fee_schedules.html
- 4-year undergraduate degree in any discipline*, from an accredited university (BA, BSc, B.Eng)
- A third and fourth year combined average of 78% or greater (entrance average)
- Applicants who have already completed a Master’s degree may apply, using both undergraduate and graduate transcripts
English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose first language is not English must furnish evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum acceptable score is 94 for the internet version, or 587 for the paper and pencil version. [Western's TOEFL ID is 0984].
- Minimum scores are required for each TOEFL section. Please visit MES Program Application for more information.
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS Academic). Minimum acceptable overall score of 7 out of 9. No individual band score less than 6.5.
- The Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL Assessment). Minimum acceptable score is 60.
- February 1 International admission - Acceptance notification March 1
- February 1 Domestic early admission - Acceptance notification March 1
- March 1 - Domestic final admission Acceptance notification April 1